Mark Glazebrook , MSc, PhD, MD ,FRCS(C)
Mark A. Glazebrook MSc. PhD, MD, FRCS(C)
Mark Glazebrook is a full time Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Dalhousie University with a cross appointment to the School of Biomedical Engineering. He completed his medical training in 1994 and completed specialty training in Orthopaedic Surgery in 1999 at Dalhousie. He then went on to complete a fellowship in Orthopedic Foot & Ankle and Sports Medicine at the University of Western Ontario. This was followed with a PhD in Achilles Tendon Disease at Dalhousie University while working part time in clinical practice. Dr. Glazebrook devotes 80% of his working time to clinical practice focusing on Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Reconstruction and Sports Medicine. During research time focus is on outcome studies on ankle arthritis and soft tissue basic science. Currently Dr. Glazebrook serves as an international editor for Foot and Ankle International, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (JBJS) British and American. Dr. Glazebrook is also the past President of the Canadian Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society and the Canadian Orthopedic Research Society.
- 26 peer reviewed paper publications
- 11 textbook chapters
- 54 published abstracts
- 126 Invited guest speaker engagements
- Currently holds ~500,000.00 in research Grants
- Supervised Fellows: 4
- Supervised Masters Students: 3
- 24 Committee Appointments: 7 Local 13 National 4 International
- ABC Travelling Fellow in 2009.
- AOFAS Travelling Fellow in 2006
- Chairman of the American Orthopedic Society Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) Annual Summer Precourse Meeting "Innovations in Orthopedic Foot and Ankkle Surgery" Washington DC
- Co Chairman of the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) Annual Fall Foot and Ankle Curriculum. Phoenix Az.
- Master Instructor Faculty Member of the Combined AANA/AOFAS Annual Masters Foot and Ankle Course. Chicago Ill
- Invited Faculty American Academy of Orthopedics Surgeons (AAOS) 14 ICLs, 4 symposia and 11 original Research Presentations.
- Invited International Guest Speaker Columbia Orthopedics Assosiation Annual Meeting. Cartenga Columbia. 9 Presentations
QE II Health Science Centre
Halifax Infirmary, Ortho Division
1796 Summer Street
4th Floor, Rm 4867
Halifax, NS B3H 3A7
Fax: 902 429-7201
Phone: 902 473-7137
View Map on Google >>
Patient Guide Ankle Arthroscopy
Patient Guide to Ankle Fusion
Patient Guide to Ankle Stabelization
Patient Guide to Ankle replacement
Patient Guide to Achilles Rupture (operative and Non Operative)
Important Tips for Treatment 1. Non-op Rx doe not equal no treatment!! The Accelerated rehab protocol must be administered and supervised closely. 2. The same protocol is used for Operative Treatment. 3. Patients must be careful with non-op Rx!!!